Getting Traffic is one of the hardest parts of being a website owner. whether you're trading links with other websites or buying google AdWords to try to get google traffic. One of the things you absolutely must do is submit your websites to the search engines, Having your listing on google is great but there are many more search engines out there that are a potential traffic source for your site. As I've said many times before " being a webmaster is a lot of work and requires time, effort and patience". I'll be doing a few more articles during the next couple weeks on getting traffic for your site but for today we'll focus on getting listed in the top search engines " I'm also developing a companion webmaster site to go with this blog that has a list of hundreds of search engines to submit to."
You can always try one of those So-called Free search engines submission sites which are all over the net. Submit your site to the top 20 search engines but I don't know a single webmaster who would dare use one of these programs. All the search engine submission forms are different and manual submission is the way to go. besides now allot of the SE's require you do but an text from an image code in the box to stop the autolisters.
Google -- Usually list your site very quickly " under a week" easy to get listed.
Google Submit Url
Yahoo -- Yahoo is the GrandDaddy of the search engine's. Unless your site is strictly commercial you should be able to get listed easily. Be patient it may take a while.
Yahoo Submit Url
Msn Search -- What can I say MSN has lots of searches and getting listed is fairly quick, In the middle between Google and Yahoo.
MSN Submit Url
Dmoz open directory project -- What can I say, Human edited site says up to 2 weeks but It could take forever but it's worth it as a lot of search engines use dmoz database.
Dmoz
Scrub The Web -- I just like it!! The spider is cool
Scrub Submit Url
OK Well, I'll put up some more Submit links tomorrow as I am beat and must get some sleep. Stay Tuned for Search Engines Part 2 Tomorrow
Wordwiz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments
Post a Comment