OK so you've signed up at the Free Traffic Exchanges listed in my last post. So now what do we do? Well it's entirely up to you, You can simply list your blog or website and surf the exchanges or you can learn to do it a little better.
The first thing you need to remember is that most people who are surfing the exchanges are just like you and me. They have busy schedules so they set aside an hour or so to surf and that's it. Regardless of how nice your website is and what it has to offer most people will just glance at it for the 15 to 30 second timer and move on. The trick is to get them to want to bookmark your site or to open it in a new window to view later.
The exchange we'll focus on today is Traffic-Splash if you haven't signed up yet then please do so now.
"Send me an Email with your user-name After Sign-up and I'll transfer you 500 banner impressions and 1000 text impressions."
My goal at Traffic splash today was to get people to sign-up for my Free No Ad hosting at Host2ls.com " Have a look and as you can see it's just a plain straight forward page that is designed for someone who's already looking for hosting, So lite on fluff."
Showing just that page on the TE's has gotten me a couple sign-ups but not to many because as I said most people are surfing with a limited amount of time and really don't read a lot.
The first thing I did was to design a page that is focused on the surfers that are clicking through traffic splash already. It's meant to be flashy, easy to read and quick to the point.
Let's go through the steps I used in setting up this page and the criteria I was looking to meet before we have a look at it.
1) I need to have a banner and text link exchange running so I can maximize the potential of the page being seen " why limit myself, the banners and links will show on all pages on my site." each impression for the exchange also gives my banner and text link impressions elsewhere. " NOTE - the text links are not there yet as I was not approved before writing this, I will add them when I am approved."
2) Make a somewhat generic splash page that is flashy and attention getting but still short and to the point.
3) Let the surfer know that clicking my link will open a new window and not take them away from their surfing.
4) Place my Affiliate links for other Exchanges I surf. May as well advertise them to people who I know are already surfing the TE's anyways.
5) Place a Stats program on the page so I can track it's effectiveness. It's all about conversions and a stat program will tell you how well that page is working. I always like to know how many sign-ups per page I'm getting.
6) You can take a look at the finished page HERE. " While your there sign-up for Free No Ad hosting to host your new splash pages" Now I'll track it for a few days or so to figure out my conversion ratio which will help me decide whether to keep or redesign it!
Well That's it for today, Tune in for the next post in the series " Free Traffic Surfing your way to the Top part 2".
WordWiz
Free Traffic, Surfing your way to the Top! part 1
Posted by WordWiz Labels: design, free, traffic, traffic exchange
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments
Post a Comment