I get a lot of traffic from other Blogs and from Blog Explosion. Free2ls.com is hosted on blogger but with a custom template. It is my nature that when I get into something I like to dig into it, rip it apart and figure out the inner workings.
That was why I started Free2ls.com, For many years I didn't have a credit card so most of the item's that people normally pay for I would try to source out an alternative and ended up amassing an enormous collection of links and mini-reviews I would make along the way for my own use. Time, Effort and research really do pay off.
That's beside the point. One thing I've heard many times while researching SEO optimization is that you need to have a good page title and your blog posts headings need to be keyword targeted.
One problem with Blogger is that the Default settings always show your page title first. Which is not proper and will penalize your search engine rankings. If you have a blog it should always have the post title followed by the page title not the other way around.
So I looked around and found a little hack that solves this problem and should help increase your rankings by displaying your posts properly.
I found this hack and tested it, It works fine and you should have no problem. it's very easy to implement and should be a snap.


Important: Remember to always backup your template before you edit anything in blogger.

First login to your Blogger dashboard, Select Layout = Edit Html " Remember to download your template"

Search for this line of code in the first paragraph of the Template.

<title><data:blog.pagetitle/></title>


Replace that entire line with.

<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == &quot;index&quot;'>
<title><data:blog.title/></title>
<b:else/>
<title><data:blog.pageName/></title>
</b:if>


There you have it, Your posts should now display properly!

Leave a comment and let me know whether you used it or liked it or not! also post if you can't get it to display properly and we'll figure it out.

WordWiz

0 comments

Recommended Money Makers

  • Chitika eMiniMalls
  • WidgetBucks
  • Text Link Ads
  • AuctionAds
  • Amazon Associates